Monday, August 15, 2016

A Cross Journal for My MA Journey

I woke up this morning with concerns flying over my head, like the birds you see on tv when a person hits his head and suddenly becomes dizzy.

I’m off to a seminar tomorrow and I haven’t prepared my stuff yet, I have not finished reviewing my son for his periodical test yet, and due to the heavy rains, I have not given the midterm exams to my students in both colleges where I teach. Soon, I will have to check tons of test papers and hurry up for the grade computation. Geez, I don’t want to complain but I’m quite overwhelmed.

My quick fix today? I grabbed my make-up set and colored my face a bit, cleaned my lateral, took a power nap while I plugged my earphones on to listen to an OPM, I’m having my coffee as I’m writing this, and in a few seconds I’ll meditate.

Hey, Liz! This was your dream remember? You longed for that “super fabulous mom” image. Do you hear Pussycat Doll’s song in your head saying, “Be careful what you wish for ‘coz you might just get it?” And voila! You’re there but you still find yourself restless.

Anyhow. I’m putting out my long-kept Cross journal and pen which Arch. Padilla gave me two Christmases ago. My female officemates exclaimed that it was such a fine gift and they asked how come I’m only using it now.

Not a status symbol. Just a reward to myself.


Well, since I’m not rich and I seldom acquire a fine notebook, I decided not to use it for a while until such time I deem myself involved in a really important project where I can put the journal to better use. That time has finally come because I have finally enrolled in masters.

I’m taking just one subject this sem – qualitative research. Paper works again! But at least, this is indicative that I have another step forward, and this is the best part.

I really have to acquire some more time management skills. Weeeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment