Monday, April 11, 2016

Note to Self: Paradigm Shift

I do not like “short orders” at work. These refer to tasks being handed by people to me, as if their requests are as simple as mindless encoding of texts in the computer. For several occasions, I felt the urge to blurt out, “Seriously, you just barged in without prior notice and you wanted to get your request right away? I’m a writer. I also plan and conceptualize my output. Writing is an art. Time is essential in writing. You can’t hurry me up. Blah! Blah! Blah” These angry words are futile and pointless utterances that will just fall on the clueless ears of the messengers and not their supervisors. It’s useless to nag. Hahaha!

The quick fix? A forced smile and these soft mental reminders: “I am a public servant, the person in front of me is just following orders, the requesting group may have been very preoccupied and desperate of help, and perhaps I was sought because I am trusted.”

If you have been serious about your job, you will shine effortlessly. Even if sooner, you will be a victim of a demolition job orchestrated by your colleagues or superiors, you can’t be shaken easily because you have already established a dignified image of yourself. You cannot pin a good man down.

The water pump may be rusty and lifeless but it's historical and priceless.
It's a matter of perception.

Always consider giving help to others as an opportunity. You’ll never know the significance of your small actions to people with grateful hearts. Whether or not there’s going to be a good karma for doing something nice, simply realizing that you’ve made yourself a blessing to others is already a biggie.

So good day folks, let’s pull up our heads high, let’s get into action, and let’s make heaven a place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment