Thursday, June 1, 2017

Make brushing more fun with Minions!


Let me start with a little whine.

The saddest part of being a single mom in a modern family is the very scarce time that a mother could afford for her children due to financial concerns. Like in my case, instead of me spending time to bond with my kids, I engage in other endeavors that would help me augment my income. It’s only in the evenings that I get to bond shortly with my kids. Most of the time, I get home a little past dinner time.

My Modern Family

The moment I arrive home, the first thing I do is to kiss my kids to let them know that mum is home. After a short while, I would ask them if they have already brushed their teeth which most of the time, the answer would be “No.”

My two-year old daughter, Hami, is the clingiest among my children. Since she always wants to follow me wherever I go, I also find her easier to prod to do tooth brushing compared to her big brother, Vladimir. Hami doesn’t speak straight yet. When it is already time for me to clean her up, I would just repeatedly ask her a one-word inquiry, “Brush? Brush?” Hami would then smilingly follow me to the rest room and we’d brush our teeth together while facing each other. This is our kind of "mother and daughter bonding" every night, and my way of making tooth brushing more fun!

Mommy And Hami

I’ve read in a parenting magazine before that “playing” is educational for toddlers. If you want to teach your child something, you have to be creative in coming up with some sort of a play to keep your child’s interest or attention. Teaching Hami how to brush her teeth had been such a breeze for me because of Colgate’s Minions toothbrush and Minions toothpaste. Both of these oral hygiene products are indeed perfect for little ones who are still learning proper oral care. Hami loves the Minion design and the soft bristles of her new toothbrush, as well as the sweet taste of her toothpaste.

I have been an avid Colgate user even before I was a mother. Now that I have three growing kids, of course I only make them use the brand that I trust. 

Are you also a parent who leaves early and arrives home late? Lessen that guilty feeling by not skipping your enjoyable tooth brushing fellowship session with your kids.



Go grab Colgate’s Minions toothbrush and Minions toothpaste through these channels:

Colgate Minions Kids 2-5 Years Old (Junior) Oral Care Pack:

Colgate Minions Kids 5-9 Years Old (Youth) Oral Care Pack:


No comments:

Post a Comment