Friday, June 23, 2017

When Yayabels Takes a Surprise Day-off

I have been absent from work for two days now because my daughter’s nanny had a very important matter to attend to. She had her medical examination at her agency because she plans to leave the country for Saudi to be an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker).

(Sigh.)

If you’re a working mom who is not accustomed to doing household chores, staying at home could be stressful, rather than peaceful. In my case, I am used to working at my station the whole day with occasional meetings and other professional transactions. So when my nanny left for an urgent concern, I felt like my routine was somehow disrupted. I couldn’t focus. Or perhaps I’m a certified workaholic now that I can’t help thinking of my current projects. 

But you know what, moms? There is one beneficial thing about working moms’ nannies’ unplanned days off – mothers get to bond with their children longer; so, they get to discover their children’s milestones which they often miss out. Like today, I have seen my baby Deirdre lie down on her stomach. It was a delightful sight!

Long weekend starts tomorrow. It’s going to be a long working weekend.

I wonder if “grace under pressure” will be applicable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment