Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Time Is Reunion Time

One way to keep your friends is to make them godparents of your children. Especially here in the Philippines where the Christmas season is much celebrated, you will have a reason to spend time with your friends at least once a year.
My papa told me once that it is not for the presents why you should bring your children to their godparents during Christmas. The essence of the tradition is to give chance to your children to know who their “second parents” are, and to make them pay respect too.
I have this good friend in high school, Ms. France Finianos, whose son is my godchild. When she went to my place one Christmas, she handed me a token – a papemelroti stationery which I treasured so much (Writers love colourful papers and pens!). That gesture created a huge impact on me because it is through her that I realized that Christmas is also for celebrating friendships in the form of a holiday that is designed for house visits.
I imitated France. Every time I schedule a Christmas get-together with my college friends, I always make sure that I have something coy wrapped for them too.
Vladimir with Ninong Ken, Ninang Kathy, Mommy, and Ninang Elmi
(2010)

Mareng Elmi, Pareng Ken, Moi, and Baby Hillary
(2015)

Last Sunday, after my baby Hillary and I attended the mass, we went to SM North EDSA together with our relatives, the Hinkle family. We had our lunch at the Racks and I bought some stuff at the department store. Mid-afternoon that day, I met with Mareng Elmi and Pareng Ken, my first born’s godparents. Unfortunately, my son Vladimir was not with me because he’s with his dad, my ex-partner.
It’s always a nice feeling to hang out and catch up with your long-time friends!
I had a fabulous Sunday! Hillary’s eyes were twinkling as she observed the blinking lights at the mall. The only agony I had to go through was to have to wait for a cab at Landmark for almost three hours with a heavy, fat baby on my arms! Hahaha! It’s nothing. It’s cuddle time; hence our mommy-baby love time.

I hope that before this year ends, I will get another chance to see my other friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment