Sunday, December 27, 2015

The 'Gift' For Families

The Gift of God Catholic Community is a religious organization for married couples who have decided to welcome Jesus in their homes and make Him the center of their lives. Through the years, I have seen my parents change because of their decision to stay in this group. Ours is not a perfect family but I can say that I have more words to say now to express how prouder I am of my mama and papa.

Last night was Gift’s Christmas party. I accompanied my mother at the party, together with my daughter Hillary, and my niece Nicole. It was a simple gathering with short speeches, fun games for children, and plenty of raffle prizes!
Hillary and Nicole

Nicole's photo of me and my baby

In the speech of Bro. Albin Gabe, the organization’s head steward, he said that the Gift of God’s party is not only for their members but also for their families. It was a noteworthy message for me because coincidentally, December 27 is also the Feast of the Holy Family according to the Roman Catholic calendar.
Mothers in red, fathers in white?

I wish that this community of faithful couples will continue to flourish despite the challenges that it has to go through. At this time and age, I’m quite sure that there are more couples who are waiting for God’s healing mercy to come into their homes.

We have a beautiful life, let us not forget to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment