Monday, July 18, 2016

Birthday of Dr. Pio Valenzuela Marks My Career Rebirth

I had posts on social media that insinuated how unhappy I was with my job. I used Facebook to flaunt my activities and accomplishments to my online friends who are my co-government employees, to help me create an image that I am a productive person, for I felt that my kiss-ass officemates were more favored by our boss and  a demolition job against me was underway.

I love my job as a writer but our office culture suddenly changed due to the leadership style of our former superior, which was quite difficult to get along with if you’re the type of employee who wears a thinking hat. I surpassed the “dark ages” of our unit when almost all of the seasoned team leaders in our department vanished one by one. Now, our present office chief was my mentor who really knows what he is doing.

Ecstatic as I was for having a new boss, I have been more than helpful to my officemates on our first major event assignment – the celebration of our local patriot’s birth anniversary.

Wreaths At The Triumvirate

At the commemoration of Dr. Pio Valenzuela’s birthday, our team decided to pursue what we did last year – instead of accepting expensive wreaths from various socio-civic organizations (which will just wither at the Triumvirate grounds), we wrote them a letter expressing that monetary cash gifts as additional funds for the Dr. Pio Valenzuela Scholarship Program would be more meaningful and practical.

Even if I was only supposed to write and to do editing jobs in our department, I welcomed additional tasks that supported our team endeavor then. When we needed students to represent the Dr. Pio Valenzuela scholars in our ceremonial fund donation for the scholarship program, I contacted my students for help. When we couldn’t find someone to lead the prayer for the event, I was volunteered by my new boss and I did not decline. Below the platform, I was also monitoring the host’s script while assisting in the program's over-all flow. The event was such a success! The mayor commended our team.

Government Personnel with the Dr. Pio Valenzuela Scholars

This event is meaningful to me. Apart from paying respect to our local hero, Dr. Pio Valenzuela, the event somehow made me feel like I’m a phoenix. My career didn’t die for long. I’m back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment