Monday, July 11, 2016

Good Bye Office Bully

Indeed, the Lord never sleeps. The oppressed should never lose hope because God is always there to give comfort to the abused and the weak.

I have never imagined that I will be a victim of office bullying. For the longest time that I have been working as a professional, I have always deemed myself competent and skilled enough to be my every co-workers reliable partner… until barely-there common sense, insecurity, misplaced ‘loyalty,’ office politics, selfishness, and self-righteousness of some of my colleagues were successfully intertwined by the-one-who-must-not-be-named.

Prior to “that creature” leaving, “it” was voraciously ready to rip every piece of me. My long-valued friendships with my co-workers have ended under its watch, my image to some of the big bosses was distorted and badly tarnished, my supposed overtime pay that I intend to use to feed my children was denied, and I was made to appear as a good-for-nothing employee.

The little UP girl in me was crying, “How could this be? I was one of the key drivers of our department. I worked with my heart and soul for honest to goodness public service. I do not deserve this injustice.”

I gathered some courage to air my concern. It wasn’t easy. I cried a bucket of tears and asked good people around to also pray for me. After a couple of days waiting, I reaped a favourable result.

Now here I am, more empowered than ever.

“Karma” is real – whatever it is that you do unto others will ricochet unto you seven folds. Spread good karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment