Thursday, April 27, 2017

Recycling Unused Facial Creams


It is not uncommon for women to indulge beauty in regimens. By so doing, this entails buying beauty products and creams… sometimes, only to shelf them later.

I have creams at home that I can no longer use on my face or body due to certain reasons. Some caused me allergies; some were already expired because they were shelved for a long time; and some were imported freebies with foreign labels I couldn’t read and understand (What if I used a product on my face when it’s supposed to be a shampoo or a vaginal wash? Eeww!).

To ditch or not to ditch – this is my question. Of course I don’t want to clutter my cabinet with stuff that are no longer useful to me. But if you think of saving mother earth from the forever accumulating human garbage, you’d consider recycling.

So how do you recycle your unwanted beauty products? Simple. Use them on your FEET.

Sometimes, people tend to neglect washing their feet well when taking a bath or taking the shower because they are in a hurry. In the long run, having dirty and calloused feet would definitely call for pampering. This is something that you can now immediately address by simply applying your barely used creams on your feet before sleeping, and then covering it with socks.

I learned this tip from an old friend who loves to hoard lotions and beauty products. She keeps these in the fridge and totally forgets about them eventually. When she remembers to check her collection, she would see her branded stuff expired. Too upset to throw away her expensive creams to the bin, I’d see her applying the products on her feet instead. According to her, the foot t is the safest body part to apply expired facial creams on.

Do you also have expired or unused vanity products at home that are just accumulating dusts on your beauty table? Use them on your feet tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment