Monday, November 12, 2018

Features and Benefits of the PLV World Card


A couple of days back, I attempted to use my faculty ID at Tully’s Coffee to check if I can really get a discount. I did.


I got 5% off on the pastry product I bought, and my drink got an automatic upsize! How cool is that?

Tully’s Coffee is my go-to place whenever I need to wait for someone or something. That time, I just wanted to make use of my remaining 30 minutes prior my evening class so I went there to do something on my laptop and of course, do my favorite thing in life – to eat (I had to stuff my belly because my class practically ends after dinner time)

So here’s the big question for those who are wondering about this faculty ID that I am referring to? Ladies and gentlemen, it is the PLV World Card.

PLV or the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Valenzuela is a public university here in our locality. The local government unit opened its additional world-class campus on January 19, 2018 in Barangay Maysan. During its launch, the PLV World Card was also introduced, to give the PLVians a better experience of studying in a high-tech academic institution.

Aside from getting discounts from the university’s partner merchants, what is the PLV World Card good for?

1.       Entrance Access to Campus – Before the students enter the campus, they need to tap the card at the turnstile. Their parents will be alerted via SMS every time they go in and out of the campus gates.

2.       Access to Academic Details – If the students need to view their grades and class schedule, or if they want to check the latest university updates and announcements, they may simply proceed to the designated kiosks around the campus and use the card as passkey to their desired information.

3.       Perform Cashless Transactions – The PLV World Card is also designed to have a debit card functionality. Vendors in the campus have POS to facilitate the cashless purchases of the cardholders. One may deposit money or “load” this special debit card at the cashier’s office in PLV Maysan campus.

4.       Get discount from partner merchants – Tully’s Coffee Shop is just one of the many partner merchants where the card may be used. One will know if an establishment honors the PLV World Card if the logo below is displayed. Promo period per merchant varies so, you have to be a little more conscious about that.
Photo Credit: Iskay dela Cruz


No comments:

Post a Comment