Sunday, March 6, 2016

A Family Tree is Money Tree

One unforgettable lesson I learned from the Gift of God Catholic Community is the notion that, whenever we need help, God is always sending us the aid that we need. A lot of times, we just need to use our “coconut shell” to figure out how to get through an uncomfortable situation.
At this point, my heaviest problem is on my mishandled finances. My loans cost more than what I am earning that’s why I have to keep several jobs.  Because of my situation, I have rubbed elbows with the loan sharks at work. During emergencies, every time I need money, I run to them to pawn my payroll ATM card so that I could have immediate cash. Although this is hassle-free, still, the interest can kill me big time if I continue this practice.
Good thing, I’ve been reading articles about managing finances and I read somewhere that if you want to save money from interests, you can borrow money from your relatives.
Here in the Philippines, the culture of close family ties resides. This culture helped me tremendously because through the help of my supportive relatives, little by little, I’m getting back on track. I was also able to buy three computer sets for my small printing shop through financial aids at “pay-when-able” basis.
I have proven to myself once more that in challenging situations, God will surely send help no matter how impossible the conditions may seem. We just need to open our eyes wider so that we could find God’s grace around. If at certain point we cannot comprehend the Lord’s message, all we need to do is to just continue to pray. For God will lead the way.
On this blog, I just want to say thank you to all my relatives and friends who continue to give me support. Indeed, there is sunshine after the storm. Thanks guys for sticking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment