Monday, March 14, 2016

Shifting Social Life

When I became a first time mom at age 25, I thought that I’m gonna have to say good bye to my social life forever. My focus shifted from “it’s all about me” to “it’s all about my family.” I was unmindful letting several company team buildings slip away then because I was always rushing to go back home after work. I lay low on chasing my dreams because of my rigid concept of “family first.”
Ocean Park (pre-Mirmir period)

Ocean Park (post-Mirmir period)

Gradually, my notion of social life shifted from “spending time with friends” to “exploring the world around with my son.” Instead of bars and beers, I preferred kiddie tours and play dates.
Cultural Tour 1 : National Museum
Cultural Tour 2 : Children's Musem in Pasay City
Cultural Tour 3 : Valenzuela City Museum
Cultural Tour 4 : Museo ni Jose Rizal in Calamba, Laguna
Cultural Tour 5: Intramuros
After eight years of being a wife, my relationship with my children’s dad went astray. For quite some time, I went back to clubbing and beer sprees. I was like a caged bird that was finally set free. I missed my freedom so much!

“Single and ready to mingle” – although this completely describes my awesome life at this point, too much bonding with close friends is just not 100% me. So I decided to change again my notion of an ideal social life - it's a happy time with people who matter. And God is great because He’s lavishing me also with so much opportunity to shine brighter and touch young lives deeper. 


with my students
(PLV)
with my officemates
(Sugar Cravings, Town Center)
with my family
(Hundred Islands)

No comments:

Post a Comment