Friday, May 6, 2016

Avoid Midlife Crisis

“You’ve been forking money before. We thought you’re bound to financial success. What happened to you?” Being asked of this by your former classmates is a hard slap on one’s face. How do you actually prevent your ridiculous friends from rubbing it in? Nope, I’m not talking about myself. I’m talking about somebody I know who’s currently chained in midlife crisis.
According to a talk show in CNN, not everybody undergoes this kind of crisis. A lot of people can actually skip this phase if they have been adamant in pursuing their goals during the early part of their career life.
It is quite inevitable in some people to reach a certain point when they would want to validate their worth as individuals. People evaluate their achievements decades after college and they wanted to see tangible proofs that they ‘made’ it. If they had been dilly-dallying instead of working hard, chances are, they will be trapped in the pitfall of midlife crisis.
I’m not saying that I am going to be exempted from this problem. In fact, I will be enrolling for master’s degree soon for me to re-experience the student life. I’m not sure if this is also a sign that I’m on my way there but I’m refusing to overanalyze anymore. I just want to become the better person that I am so that my children will become proud of their mother.
My interview with my Chinese friend is like music that keeps on replaying in my mind. He said that it is important for people to always upgrade their skills so that their value will not diminish. It’s a rat race out there and you have to always prep up for winning. So here I am, maximizing the opportunities within my reach to improve myself as a communicator.
It was also mentioned by my good Chinoy friend that one must not stop being a parent. He said that while sending your children to school is just one level, ensuring that they fare well in their career is also another level. I was struck by his profound wisdom on parenting so here I am, really determined to make myself strong, because I will be the beacon of my children’s future.
(Read: https://ourvalenzuela.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/message-success-valpoly-graduates/)
Life is good. Let us live it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment