Wednesday, May 4, 2016

How Do I Love Foodie? Let Me Count the Ways.

One of my realizations in my Intercultural Communication class way back in college is that – food tells a story about a certain life style of a cultural group. Also, there is always a learning opportunity every time we dine out with people because there is information in interaction. The latter can be prolonged of course over mouthwatering foodies!

How do I love foodie? Let me count the ways. *Wink!

1.       Ambiance teaches my kids something new.
-          I find Banzai an educational restaurant. As a lover of culture and arts, I appreciate the interiors of the said resto which features the Japanese way of life. It has a room for model wanna-bes who like to take shots of themselves in front of the wall painting of a sumo wrestler and a dojo with fighters in black holding a katana sword; a stationary Japanese bike; and a man-made cherry blossom tree. It was also through this eating place where I had my first taste of sake (It’s commercialized alright, but this doesn’t matter to me). 



Banzai, SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City

2.       Food experience is better if shared with an interesting person.
-          Chinoy parents are excellent business trainers to their children. They start showing them the tricks of the trade at a very young age because blazing the trail will be useless if there is no ample guidance and follow through. Dining at Fong Wei Wu in Quezon City has been a worthwhile experience to me because I got the chance to mingle with a cool Chinese parent who’s also a keen observer of the effects of bureaucracy in private businesses. Hurrah for the lunch treat!

Fong Wei Wu, Quezon City

3.       Milestones are validated if celebrated with food.
-          If your child is a school awardee, he or she should be rewarded. Congratulations, Mirmir! Next year again. Ok? Proud mom here, I’m just thankful.

Classic Savory, SM Hypermarket - Valenzuela City

4.       The parallel function of food with time machine.
-          Who needs to invent a time machine if you can relive the past with your once orgmates? You know very well that reminiscing the good old times is priceless! Moreover, if your friends happen to be braniacs as well, lucky you. Your fine opportunity to mingle with them is like to devouring self-help books in one sitting!

Cafe Breton, UP Ayala Technohub, Quezon City

5.       Feed your mind while feeding your tummy.
-          Next to staying for hours in the shower, having a book beside me is also my favourite me-time. It’s nice to read a book somewhere outside of the house so that when your eyes need to relax, you can glance at the people in the resto and analyze them based on their gestures – what could possibly be eating them? Hehe...

Pizza Hut, SM Hypermarket - Valenzuela City

Bottom line, I just love to eat. I just pondered on its benefits to justify my episodes of gluttony.

No comments:

Post a Comment