Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mimi Is Love

“Mimi Is Love” is one of my daughter’s favourite children’s songs by Badanamu on YouTube. “Mimi,” which sounds like “mommy,” is what she calls her aunt-godmother who is currently vacationing in London, England.

Hami Kisses Mimi

When Mimi was still here in the Philippines, she showered affection to my little girl and took care of my daughter as if she’s her own. She rescued us at the lowest point of my life. She offered to look after my baby so that I could work and pay my bills. She was a heaven-sent aid. How can I say no to a neat freak nurse who’s willing to give your child motherly love and care...for free?!

The highlight of their convincing “mother-daughter relationship” was when my daughter won 1st runner-up in a Halloween costume party organized by Jollibee at the Valenzuela People’s Park. Wearing a lady bug costume she received from Dominique, her cousin in the United States, she bested hundreds of registered attendees in the costume party, including her big brother who was dressed as a pirate.

Trick or Treat 1st Runner-up

Side note: While my baby girl was all glammed up, I was mortified to see my son in supposedly pirate costume but was dressed instead by his nanny as if he’s a faith healer! His blue shoes and the way his red kerchief was put on his head gave me headache. Ugh. I comforted my competitive son who cried when he lost.

Mimi, together with my other cousins and cousins’ friends, did an overwhelming job in making Hami’s baby life a blast. They staged monthly birthday celebrations for my daughter before she reached one, they frequented the mall together with the kid to treat her in different restaurants, they bought her nice toys and fashionable baby clothes, they trained her not to become a picky eater, they brought her to the doctor when she’s suddenly sick, they exposed her to technology that’s why my daughter loves selfies and music videos.

Child Support From Relatives :)

Sponsored Birthday Celebration
Hami's 7th

Sponsored Birthday Celebration
Hami's 8th

When Mimi left for United Kingdom, this happened to me:



I am not complaining. I love to be around my daughter all the time. It’s just that Hami is quite too clingy that I couldn’t do stuff seamlessly when we’re together. Sometimes, I can divert her attention. Sometimes, I cannot. The struggle is real. Hahaha!

Nonetheless, I am quite happy and comfortable that my children are with me. On the side, I am elated to see Mimi tour London together with her family.

1 comment:

  1. it's never easy to be a father and a mother all at the same time when you are a single parent. But, the best gift God has given to every single mom is that most of them, their families are very supportive. I'm glad that you are not some single mom I know who are too busy looking for someone(boyfriend) to help them and unintentionally taking their kids for granted. :):)

    ReplyDelete