Friday, September 2, 2016

Buwan Ng Wika Culmination

The “Buwan Ng Wika” used to be celebrated for one week only and not for the entire month of August. It was previously known as simply the “Linggo Ng Wika.” This is an annual school celebration to honor the Philippines’ national language.

I can still vividly recall the line I delivered when I was in second grade – “L – Lagi sa nilalang ay naglalarawan ng isang may lahi at ganap na bayan.” I was among the chosen students in my class to perform on stage.

This 2016, it was my son’s turn to take the center stage in his school to deliver his piece:



His barong tagalog was lent to him by his Aunt Monah. It’s a hand-me-down from his cousin, Nico, when he was also in grade school. Wow. The barong really never gets outdated in fashion!





I love documenting my child’s special experiences such as this. Even if I waited for two hours just to watch my son perform for one minute, I treasure the activity so much because I have made myself available for my child. This is a worthwhile experience for me and I’m pretty sure a lot of working parents would definitely understand why this simple occasion is a biggie to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment