Tuesday, September 20, 2016

LETRAmble

Classroom learning is not a one-way street – it is not only the students who learn from their teacher. It’s vice versa.

My teaching style is a mix of my former professors’ strategies way back in college. I take care of the introductory lessons to clarify the foundation of the course, and then I let my students do the reporting for the succeeding topics. I do this because I want them to learn how to analyse what they read. After the students report, I shoot them challenging, practical, and tricky questions.  

One of my favorite activities in my classes is the attention phase that my students roll out in the form of games. I have realized that even if college students are already all grown up in physical appearance, they’re still children at heart who love to play amidst teasing and laughter. Furthermore, fun class activities promote their camaraderie too.

The picture below shows LETRAmble. It is the combination of the words “letra” and “ramble” meaning “disarranged letters.” The players are supposed to form the correct words required by the moderator using the scattered cut-out letters taped on their classmate’s worn school uniform.

The group's backdrop while the game is on-going.

College studes having fun playing.
I have witnessed quite a number of creative activities devised by my students. Some I get to share with other class sections I handled to provide an example. Some I get to replicate for my other professional activities or family reunions. Hopefully in the future, I’d be able to blog about other more interesting activities with complete details for other interested readers or educators to utilize also.

No comments:

Post a Comment