Sunday, September 18, 2016

Hinkle, Hinkle, Little Stars: A Tribute to My Generous Uncle and Aunt

Lately, I have noticed that there is gist of truth in what people say that if you’re a giver, you will be blessed abundantly. For Hindus, this is what they call the “positive karma.”

Ever since I decided to be more of a giver than a receiver, my life had become more peaceful. For example, even if at times I feel nervous that I might ran out of budget, funds would just surprisingly surge in – either I will land on a new sideline or I could easily ask someone to extend me a little help. Both of these, I consider blessings from the Lord.

I have an uncle who is very generous. Every time I get the chance to hitch on his car together with my kids, his wife (my aunt) would invite us to eat with them in a fancy restaurant. He is also generous to beggars – even if they are not really trying to get hold of him, he would get some money from his pocket to share it with them. During Sunday masses, while most church goers would only drop 20 pesos at the donation basket being passed around, his would be 500. All the church parking attendants also receive decent monetary reward from him on Sundays. Guess what? I have never seen his family got entangled with financial burdens, considering that he is their sole bread winner.

I haven’t dared to ask him (yet) his motivation or principle why he is like that. But by simply observing him how he treats others in need, I have been inspired to emulate him.

Here are some pics I had when my aunt and uncle treated my daughter, my sister, my niece, and myself at Café La Tea in Malinta:

Our Kiddos' First Giant Pizza Experience

Happy Kid, Happy Tummy

Although right now, I cannot afford to give cash to people in need because I’m only making ends meet, I still consider myself lucky that I am blessed with knowledge and information about the services being offered by the local government of Valenzuela. I get to help clueless people on how to go about processing transactions at the city hall. Furthermore, my writing skills also enabled me to help some folks who sought my writing or editing assistance. By sharing my talent, I gained more friends, and it felt wonderful.

I am writing this not because I want others to revere me. I am only hoping that these trying times that humanity seems so far away, we could somehow learn to show and share compassion for one another.

Let us make ourselves blessings to others. Little by little, altogether, we can help make everybody’s lives worth living. And I think that’s beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment