Thursday, November 3, 2016

My Second Favorite Day of the Week

Apart from Sundays, which I consider my non-negotiable family day, Thursdays are also sacred to me because it’s my “me-time.” Unlike Sundays which are our strike-anywhere-funday-with-kids after attending the holy mass, my Thursdays have to be prepared for – it’s my once a week master’s class.

Thursdays.

It determines what stuff I should be doing on my Saturdays, whether I should go to the library to study or render overtime at work so I could write an article.

It is my once a week opportunity to check different dining places in Quezon City area.

It’s my mall ratting schedule to check cool stuff and to buy little gifts for myself.

It is my all-about-me day.

With all the responsibilities I have right now – mother to Hami, writer for Valenzuela City, business owner of Sucaba Link, Master of Arts student, and everything else in between – Thursdays have become my breather, and my time to ponder about my life.

On my way home last night from Trinoma, I was trying to reflect if I’m headed to the right track. Almost instantaneously, my mind answered me back, “Do not fret. You may find yourself in a grey area right now, but surely your investment on your masters would take you somewhere someday.” I concurred because I’m also tired of overanalysing anyway. What is important I guess is that I’m surviving each day alright and I have my parents who are still supportive to me.

And for keeping myself resilient, here’s my little self-reward yesterday, Thursday.

Pinoy Food at Landmark

No comments:

Post a Comment