Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Snacks & Ladders Bonding

Every Christmas, I find time to meet my college friends who are my children’s god parents. This year, we opted to dine at Snacks and Ladders in Maginhawa, Quezon City, perhaps with Ken having in mind that my kids will be joining. (Another bonding story with my college friends: http://missvalenzuela.blogspot.com/2015/12/christmas-time-is-reunion-time.html

The restaurant was truthful to its tagline, “the happiest place in Maginhawa,” because the moment we came in, my son Vladimir had been ecstatic to play its humongous chess board right beside the parking lot. My daughter, Hillary, followed her big brother and enjoyed playing with the pawns too.

Chess Players

I noticed that the people who hang out at the place are mostly teenagers – rich, thinking, decent kids —like the kind of kids that study in ValMaSci (This is compliment, hahaha!).

Play Area

The walls of the resto have shelves that display their available board games and toys that are either for rent or for sale. My good friend, Julie, accompanied my son to get a Jenga, which is my son’s dream toy. Ken, Vladimir’s godfather, also patiently played with him.

Ken & Vladimir playing bouncing balls

Hami playing with some colorful Tetris blocks

We had a lovely night spent. Vladimir received a toy, a wristwatch, and activity books from his godparents, Elmi and Ken; while Hami received a kitchenware set from her godmom Golda (it’s a totally perfect gift for Hami because she loves to play with spoons). I already told Julie that she will be the next godparent of my seven-month unborn baby in my tummy, which she gaily responded with “ssuuurrreee!”



                At first, I was hesitant to go to Maginhawa. Good thing I changed my mind because that not-so-explored area turned out to contribute a fine experience for my children. This 2016, we had happy holidays indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment