Friday, December 30, 2016

Gift of God Christmas Party 2016

The Gift of God Catholic Community is close to my heart because it is the organization which kept our family intact despite the obstacles that challenged our strength and unity.

Last year, I also had the chance to attend their Christmas Party which was held in one of their members’ residence. (Read entry here: http://missvalenzuela.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-gift-for-families.html)

This year, the group decided to have their party at St. Jude Court, Malinta, Valenzuela City. It was a good venue choice because it’s very neat and spacious; it’s safe for the kids because it’s fenced and gated; chairs and tables were readily available for borrowing at the barangay hall nearby; it’s accessible to public transportation; etc.


At first I didn’t know that my parents would ask me to join them because I’m not a group member. But when they started preparing their grandchildren for the party, common sense told me that they would need an extra hand to look after the kids. So, this year, I joined the party again – to babysit, which I didn’t mind of course. 


It was a simple yet well-organized party, and I must say that this one was handled better compared to last year. Gifts were pouring, there was ample food, and games were all enjoyable! On the side, I took the opportunity to take pictures of my family to document that precious bonding moment.

The Christmas Party that the Gift of God Catholic Community was a good reminder to me that if there’s one thing in my life that I can be truly proud of, it is having my parents who remained together for more than three decades now – as they  were lucky to achieve their “forever.”


No comments:

Post a Comment