Monday, January 2, 2017

First Bonding with the Kids in 2017

Happy New Year!

For my first blog entry this year, I’m sharing my favorite activity in my life – outdoor fun for my kids!

Thanks to Mother Helen, my kids’ grandma, who had been consistently providing financial support to Hami, for I am able to bring my children outside Valenzuela at least once a month.


We went first to SM North Annex intending to purchase a new cellphone charger but my sister-in-law volunteered to give me her extra Samsung charger instead, so, I didn’t buy. We then ate at our usual dining place, Tokyo-Tokyo, where my son ordered his favorite Tempura. We also went to Kultura where I purchased three sets of simple fresh water pearls, then to SM Appliance Center where I bought a new toaster as my post-wedding anniversary gift for my mama and papa.

During moments when my daughter refused to walk, my sister-in-law would help me with Hami. She would carry my 15-kilo two-year old girl while we stroll at the mall.

At the time we reached Trinoma, I decided to allow Vladimir to play at Timezone while I sit and wait at McDonalds to attend to my sleeping Hami and to our few purchased stuff from SM North. Vladimir finished playing at almost dinner time so he ate first before we proceeded to Trinoma’s “Christmas Village” for some picture taking. Our last stop was Landmark.

I really enjoyed watching my kids have fun. Hami was no longer that aloof to her Tita Mama, and Vladimir had been a responsible big brother, chasing his sister around every time Hami speeds up her walking pace.



It’s almost 10:00 pm when we arrived home. Papa was anxious and worried. I felt like a teenager being subjected to curfew again. But the moment I showed my papa my anniversary present for him and for mama, his fury subsided. He just asked who we’re with, and I told him we were with the kids’ aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment