Friday, January 13, 2017

2016: My Turning Point

During our last Christmas party, our big boss said in his speech that 2016 had been a roller coaster ride for him. He faced several serious threats in his political life, and yet he remained composed and focused with his job. He thanked all of us for supporting him through. His speech also moved me personally because like him, I also had a multitude of battles last year which I was able to overcome.

In my September 2016 blog, I wrote about the value of posting your goals somewhere that you can often see. I checked my 2016 list again and I saw that out of my 11 targets, I was only able to hit 4 or 5. Some of my goals became immaterial to my evolving routine, while some were unachievable yet. I thought of creating another target for 2017 but I’m still observing the people around me.


I can say that my 2016 is better than my 2015. These are the reasons why:
1.       I have become a more active blogger this year.
2.       I have been in nice places – dining places, hotels, etc.
3.       I was able to sustain my son’s annual birthday celebration quite memorably and picturesquely.
4.       I have attended worthy seminars.
5.       I have taught in PLV and Valpoly.
6.       I have identified some people who I should mistrust in the office.
7.       I have revived my suppressed career.
8.       I finally enrolled in master’s class.
9.       I was able to complete a qualitative study.
10.   I was able to provide a decent birthday celebration to my daughter with the help of my parents.
11.   I gained new friends.

Simply put, I had fun in 2016.

In a few, I will be doing some errands. I hope that one of these days, before January ends, I could already formulate my 2017 goals for me to become guided again with my actions.

Thank you Lord for always being there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment