Friday, January 6, 2017

Tita's Love Advice for Single Moms

Upon arriving at home from work, I headed to my daughter so we could stroll at the compound before we take our dinner. As we gazed at the night sky, I saw my aunt. She approached me and we had quite a long chat.

She asked me first how many months am I pregnant now. I said seven. She remarked that the reason why I rented a house last May was because I was still chasing the father of my children. That judgment irked me a little but I chose to understand that she has all the liberty in the world to have her opinion of me. I could only explain myself but whether people would believe or not, that’s beyond my control.

I told her that by the time my ex and I separated, it was barely a year when we called it quits. And even if we say that we’re better apart, it’s really difficult to forget the partner you loved for eight years. Eight long years with children. Eight long years that we were a family. When my aunt heard the word “love,” she nodded. Perhaps she understood that when you love someone, the sense of reason often disappears. She then shared that she had her own ordeals in her marital life and gave me some valuable advice.

1.       It’s more fun to be single. This is absolutely true. I have less stress now because I’m carefree with my actions. I can now decide on the clothes and make-up to wear. I can now socialize with my close friends more often. I can now handle my own money however I want, without being audited. I can now pursue my ambitions in life. And a lot of people also noticed that I look better nowadays.

2.       Separated women are prone to temptation. I hate this truth because I’m no flirt (my ex-boss who attempted to take advantage of my situation experienced my wrath). For me it’s fine to date nice people sometimes, only to gain friends; but beyond that, I’m not ready yet. I don’t even know if I’ll ever jump again into another relationship because with my children to mind, so far, I feel complete already. Right now, I receive 100% true, reciprocated, and appreciated love from my children and it feels wonderful!

3.       Cheaters are toxic partners. I was no longer surprised when my aunt told me that my cousin saw our former shop attendant at Valenzuela Medical Center holding a tiny baby a couple of months back. I already knew that my f*ckboy ex got our shop attendant pregnant and their child is just few months older than Hami. I used to ignore a lot of red flags before about his womanizing spree because he said those women were just making stories. Now, I’m just laughing at the news of his women left and right because I know that my children will always be the advantaged ones. Not only because I’m their mother but because they are the only family acknowledged by their grandmother in their father’s side.

4.       Be thankful to your parents. I’m lucky to have this bad experience at a young age while I can still recuperate from the damage brought about by my broken relationship. Both of my parents are still alive and strong to help me through financially and emotionally. I feel like I’m born again to correct my past mistakes, and to lead a better life with my beautiful children and my ageing parents – such a perfect picture of the modern family without a stressor.

5.       Always cling to God. Always the best advice. I could change my perspectives on how I view things, but it is only the Lord who could give me genuine joys in life that need no paradigm shifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment