Friday, January 27, 2017

Elan Hotel Experience

Quite frankly, I am overwhelmed with the tasks that I have been receiving lately at the office. It’s not that I am complaining but I think I need more time to stay in the office for me to be able to finish everything. This of course would entail having less time for my children again but since my work at the government is my bread and butter, I got to love my job. This is not difficult to do since writing is my passion anyway. It’s just that my pregnancy and other concerns somehow hamper my speed in delivering my outputs.

One advantage though of being a tenured officer is to become part of subgroups in the government organization that have brought me to places where I had the opportunity to relax and breathe a little. My most recent break is an urban escapade at Elan Hotel in Greenhills, together with my co-GAD members.



The purpose of our three-day hotel work was the finalization of the GAD Code of Valenzuela City and some other minor documentation requirements. It was once again a fruitful experience for us because we were able to hit our objectives.

Elan Hotel was a convenient choice for our group since our seniors were able to nail discounted rates for our accommodation. The function room was also the most convenient one we had so far, compared to the other hotels we have tried – Lewis Grand Hotel and Stotsenberg Hotel in Clark, Pampanga – not to mention the food and the rooms.





Buffet Area


Food @ the Seminar Room #1

Food @ the Seminar Room #2

Food @ the Seminar Room #3

Food @ the Seminar Room #4

Food @ the Seminar Room #5



At Elan, apart from doing our assignments, we were also fortunate to have a simple bonding. We danced two-minuter exercises, we sang through our improvised karaoke, we had fun activities, and we had tons of groupies as well. We discovered that Maám Lorraine was an excellent activity moderator and Sir Nhonho was a fantastic OPM singer! Maám Dorothy, Maám Gina, and Sir Uly were all generous sponsors too! It was another memorable experience for all of us GADdesses.

Positive Descriptions


I was happy that at least a few weeks before I give birth to my third child, I had another worthwhile experience at the heart of NCR. And, I had my swift, most-awaited breather!




No comments:

Post a Comment