Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hotel Stotsenberg

One nice thing about working in the government is that you get to travel to places for free. Just this year, I was able to stay in two hotels in Pampanga through our Gender And Development (GAD) Technical Working Group (TWG). I blogged about the first one on August 21, 2016, entitled “Seminar At Grand Lewis Hotel.” This time, I’m going to share about Stotsenberg Hotel.

Link: http://missvalenzuela.blogspot.com/2016/08/seminar-at-lewis-grand-hotel.html

With My GADmates

Health Food: sunflower seed shared by Tita Vicky


GAD TWG went there to finish documenting the DILG requirements from our group. Our team was able to accomplish what we’re supposed to do ahead of time. Unfortunately, I had here my first gastritis attack. On our seminar’s second day, I stayed at my assigned room and rested. I felt something strange but I ignored it.

The following day, I heard my GADmates sharing ghost stories about the hotel. Georgia, our gay member, shared with us that the hotel used to be a military camp during the American occupation in the Philippines. My colleagues started talking about seeing the ghosts of a grandpa and his grandson, and a white lady and a black lady somewhere at the second floor. I was also stunned upon finding out that there were no occupants at the room beside ours, when my roommates and I were just complaining that the ‘family’ on the next room was noisy and inconsiderate to our peaceful night’s sleep. The team agreed that we’ll never book again in that haunted hotel.


Anyway, regardless of this one of a kind experience, I’d like to share some pictures that you might find lovely about the place, just in case you decide to brave it there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment