Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Journaling Towards Healing

It’s the time of the year when I have to bury myself again in grade computation. I have 21 units this sem and I have more or less 50 students per section. I’m teaching technical writing and I have to check over 300 papers. Deadline of grade submission? This Friday. Oh by the way, I have to attend my master’s class tomorrow and I have to write Tagalog articles for a local magazine. I have just come out from the hospital from gastritis and I am still working on some other personal and office concerns. Whew.

I have been told a couple of times by people who are older than me that I should just chill and not worry too much. Although I’m trying my best to exercise what they tell me, it’s quite difficult to do. I really need an inexpensive outlet where I could express my self-love. While it’s good that I can write for writing is therapeutic, I’m looking for another no-brain-required diversion since writing is also my profession. I want to stop overthinking.

Actually, the purpose why I’m writing now is because I’m inspired to do journaling just like what my Christian officemates are doing. In our recent casual conversation, they said that when you meditate through journaling first thing in the morning, you get to acquire positive vibes. And I need a humongous dose of this right now.

King and I.
With the young guy who's jolly on the outside and spiritually mature on the inside.

I’m physically tired. But since I love what I’m doing, my being workaholic is my addiction that I couldn’t seem to quit from. If I bury myself to work until my mortal body refuses to function, is this still a form self-love? Hmmm. So, the way I love is the same way I self-destruct?

I want a massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment