Saturday, October 15, 2016

Light For Somebody Else’s Storm

There’s typhoon today and there are no classes in all school levels. I hope my fellow Filipinos in affected areas today will not be devastated again. Today’s weather condition is related with what I want to share: storm.

I was speaking with a good friend earlier who’s on the verge of quitting our MA class. I told him not to. While we were chatting via Facebook messenger, a thought struck me: Failing is a blessing in disguise. Why? Because in failing you are humbled, and you get to see that there is more to life than pursuing what you want. There are many ways to be happy.

SIDE NOTE: What will make me happy today? I want to go to Templora and I have my facial treatment there but since money is tight right now, I scanned my beauty kit instead and contented myself with my Celeteque instant wrinkle smoothing cream and in2it BB make-up cream to conceal my zits. Feeling beautiful daily can really do wonders. I believe you should feel good on the outside so that you would also feel good inside despite the storms that consistently bring havoc in your life.

I opened my lappy and scanned some pics that are worth sharing. I stumbled upon this photo which was taken when a highschool close friend visited me at work. We both applied for a solo parent identification card so we could get another additional seven days off from work through the solo parent leave benefit. 



This photo represents another reason why I don’t want to quit working at the city hall – I get to help others through assisting them in accessing the government’s social services. (I get to have an instant date too!)

From time to time, I would be receiving private messages from acquaintances asking me stuff that they want to know. Good thing, through being a news writer, I have already built rapport with a handful of office personnel here at the workplace, that’s why providing help to other people is often possible. Sometimes though, I get a little grumpy when askers would give me very limited time to process their requests. Of course, I have to prioritize my job over the favors that I would have to coordinate for them. Usually, I would just take a deep breath, and thank the Lord that at least I get to help others, then attend to their requests anyway. I hope others could understand that even if I’m a government employee, I do not have authority in everything. I have limitations too. But of course I’m always willing to extend aid.

Deep in my heart I really want to have that “purpose-driven life.” My work here at the government satisfies that self-actualization need. While I wouldn’t deny that I have my own storms right now, I’m glad to claim that I’m doing better now because I am capable of becoming somebody else’s light in occasional moments of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment