Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sundate with Tito Gerson and Kids

Since I moved back in to my parents’ house, it had been my habit to treat Sundays as important, non-negotiable family date time with my children. Yesterday was a good one.

After attending the holy mass, my kids and I, together with my brother and nephew, went to Trinoma to chill a bit. I was initially planning to take Vladimir to Timezone, have a simple lunch at Trinoma, and buy myself maternity pants at Landmark.

For a single mom who is just making ends meet but could not afford to trade off Sunday to a monotonous day, I couldn’t stop mentally computing how much I have been spending from one stop to another. I was actually waiting for that moment when I could quit worrying and just fully enjoy what we were doing since my kids were having fun anyway. That momentum arrived when I finally bought my selfie phone a new case. It was rather costly but it’s nowhere available in Valenzuela so somehow, the positive experience fully charged my draining happiness meter.

Aside from the personal stuff I bought, I was also happy that my son was able to play again at Timezone, his favourite part in Trinoma. My daughter also enjoyed walking and running on the aisles with Diether while I was checking on some maternity garments (Hami’s fun time is far cheaper than Vladimir). Gerson and Vladimir checked some newly released toys and games for Wii-yu. They purchase Mario Brothers. When we arrived home, they played it right away until I asked my son to prepare for bed because he has classes the next day.

"I am your mother."

Mario Cart for Wii-yu

Proud solo parent family

Our Sunday family bonding was a whole lotta fun. But since I spent a little too much that day, I’m thinking of making our next Sunday less expensive but equally fun. We might go artsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment