Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I Am A Writer

I can still vividly remember Zian’s question when he interviewed me for the writer’s post in my current work, he asked, “Are you a writer?” I’m not sure if I turned red after he asked that, for I knew I lack professional writing experience then. I only blog and this was the only proof that I can write. I’m not even certain if the result of my on-the-spot writing test was the reason why I got the job. Maybe Zian just got mystified of the thought that he will be employing a former beauty queen, who by the way is now oozing with cellulite depot and a balding head.

This job opportunity in the local government opened a lot of doors for me. It is through this job that I was able to get to know a handful of established people who trusted my capability as a writer. They helped me get published.
Bagumbayan - the official magazine of Knights of Rizal. This is the first magazine where I got published.

The article I wrote in our local government website was spinned and published in Bagumbayan.

The first newsletter of PLV features my article about former mayor Sherwin Gatchalian.

The official magazine of our local government where I usually contribute articles.

Acknowledged by my good friend, Arch. Ed Padilla on his architecture book.
I didn’t ask for any penny for all these works. Nonetheless, seeing my name mentioned on these media gave me a sense of pride and immortality. I read somewhere that once you’re published, you’re already immortal. Wink.

I can’t wait for the writers club in Valenzuela City to materialize soon for I will become part of it too. It is bound to become a very prestigious writers’ organization in my home city because it will be joined by multi-awarded writers, Mr. Jerry Gracio from Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino and Mr. Joselito delos Reyes who wrote the phenomenal book, “Istatus Nation.”
Brainstorming session for the creation of Valenzuela Writers Guild (2014)
(See the toy cars beside my journal? You bet my son was with me, playing somewhere while mom's in a meeting.)

Now that I’m back into blogging, I hope that I could harness my writing skills better. I want to be the best that I can be so that my children will be proud of me. At this point, my ultimate goal is to hear my children say that they’re happy and proud of their super mom – this is if I can do better than my mama, who for me is the greatest mother in the universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment