Sunday, January 3, 2016

The People's Park and the Town Center: My House's Annex

                I’m really glad that I live in Valenzuela City where everything I need is just a few walks away. My house is at the heart of all the places an ordinary person would need to frequent daily – my office, my son’s school, my business space, the market, the grocery store, the park, the church, the banks, the highway, and most importantly, I reside close to my relatives’ abodes. In this country, or at least in our clan, having my relatives around is tantamount to having my friends or confidants nearby all the time. I must be a lucky gal.
                Living near the People’s Park and the Town Center is one of my favourite blessings. You know why? Because every time I need to accommodate visitors, I am not pressured to clean up my small house nor cook food for my guests. All that I have to do is to tell them to go to the park and wait for me in a specific restaurant at the Town Center.
My visitors from Rizal and Marikina City at the People's Park
(photo screen grabbed from Golda)

A few days after Christmas, my college friends, who are also Hillary’s godparents, offered to pay me a visit since they were not able to make it at my daughter’s christening. I was pleased because my homies who are based in Marikina City and in Rizal travelled all the way to my hometown just to see my baby girl. It had been easy for me to give them directions on how we could meet because the park is just located along MacArthur highway. While waiting for me, they toured the People’s Park and they had their picture-taking there. We had our lunch and chit chat moment at Gerry’s Grill, Town Center. Before they left, I bought “putong polo” (Valenzuela’s native delicacy) for them to bring home.
Ninong Paolo visits Hami at Gerry's Grill, Valenzuela Town Center

Hillary and I together with Mr. and Mrs. Grospe

I have also set my bonding moment with my former writer-officemate at the Town Center, this time at Sugar Cravings (I heard this sweets shop is owned by actress, Ms. Glaiza de Castro). There were just the three of us – Wynndee, Ate Beng, and moi. Wynndee said her hubby declined to accompany her because he thought that we’ll just have our girls talk. What a formidable talent because he was right. Hahaha! Before we parted ways, Wynndee visited Hillary because she is my daughter’s godparent too.

Mayor Rex Gatchalian is quite successful in making friendships and relationships continue to grow because of the park and the town center. Of course, when people dine together, time is quality spent in bonding and catching up. As social beings, mingling with people dear to you is priceless. Indeed, connection among people is best rekindled over a palatable food and a comfortable space.

No comments:

Post a Comment