Sunday, January 31, 2016

Recycling 101

One of my life advocacies is recycling.
It was through my Communication 3 class in UP when I first realized the value of waste management. We were asked by our professor then to conduct a research about garbage so that we’ll have substantial information to share in our group discussion. We went to DENR, we went to the pre-rehabilitated Payatas in Quezon City, some went to QC city hall to search for existing ordinances, and we also browsed for relevant news articles and studies about garbage. Since then, I get bothered every time I see a litter or any messy area.
It’s not that I’m an obsessive compulsive when it comes to neatness because as an artist, I also have some episodes of wanting to see myself at the center of my chaotic files. I feel a sense of urgency whenever my tangible “to-do list” is right in front of my face. Nevertheless, I want everything orderly once I’m finished with a certain task.
In getting yourself organized, sometimes you don’t have to shell out a penny. A little imagination could do the trick. Here are some ways:
1.       RESEALABLE PLASTIC. Instead of throwing the plastic which once contained your cotton buds, you can actually reuse it to keep safety pins, clips, or rubber bands for emergency purposes. You can stack this inside your travel kit or beauty pouch.

2.       PILLBOX. If you no longer need your pillbox, you can convert it into a jewelry holder. This way, you can better choose your accessory of the day!

3.       BRASSIERE. Look, this is hilarious I know but your brassiere can be turned into a potholder too! Just tear the strings and keep the pads, sew the sides, and presto... you can now protect your hands from too much heat of pots and pans! LOL.

4.       MOUTH WASH. First, buy the small one. Next, buy the biggest size available. Every time the content of the handy mouth wash container is depleted, just refill it. You know you’re saving money when you buy in bulks or larger amounts, right?


5.       IMPROVISED FOLDERS. Instead of throwing away calendars that are made up of cartons, you can simply convert it into a folder to file important documents. On this picture, we used the cartons to file the job orders that our team received in the office. This way, it has been easier for us to track our accomplishments month over month.

Reduce, reuse, recycle. You too can help save Mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment