Monday, January 4, 2016

Team Building at Underground Bar in Timog, QC

I realized that I’ve been wearing a lot of masks lately and my ultimate wish is for me to be able to carry on. I do motherly duties first thing in the morning, I’m an office employee after I get to send my son to school, I’m a teacher thrice a week after my day job, and I have to be momtrepreneur also when I get home at night. While my heart often irks at the dramas that had to happen to me, the back of my mind is somewhat strangely optimistic because I’m being given another chance to live my life in an entirely different fashion. And I can blog about my daily adventures without qualms!

I attended lots of soirees last December and I can say that my favourite was our party at the Underground Bar in Quezon City. It was attended by our office’s Communication and Research Team, News and Publications Unit, and the mayor’s personal public relations team. The experience was an excellent breather from all the workplace hassles and personal concerns. We had a good laugh, we enjoyed the food, and a lot of us became singer-performers that night – something that only extroverts can do mindlessly anytime. Well, most of us, writers, are introverts.
Writers and photographers of Mayor Rex Gatchalian (2015)

The funniest part in the party is our “awards night.”It was intended to make fun of each other based on how we are perceived by our workmates. I was a contender to the Kristeta Award (this refers to gals in the team who often speak English or Taglish) and Early Bird Award (employees who have the most attendance issues). I’m not sure if I’ll be pleased or annoyed with the award I received, which was the Call Me Baby Award, implying that the boss always rings the phone to look for me. Other funny awards were the Accenture Award (given to the guy who always picks up the phone because he’s nearest to the unit) and the Fashionista Award (given to our funny officemate who was scolded by the mayor for not wearing appropriate uniform). This is the second time I received a crazy-themed citation. My first was the Prim and Proper Award when I was still a training support professional at Citigroup.

"Call Me Baby of the Year"

Our funny emcee shares the floor with this talented musician.


One can stand a chaotic workplace as long as the people inside are your good friends. Despite the challenges in my career in 2015, I can still say that our writers’ nook is my little piece of heaven here on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment