Friday, January 29, 2016

My Little Mathematician

“Behind the clouds, the sun is still shining.”

The past few days have been overwhelming. I even skipped one workday just to give myself some time to breathe. Office issues, domestic issues, and other things in between zap my energy. But well, how can I complain further if my Friday will ink the week with a bang! Thanks to my brainy son, Vladimir, all my worries melted.

I went to his school today to get his report card for the third quarter. His name was listed on the board as one of the top pupils in class. His teacher also told me that he is one of the four representatives of their school for the Battle of the Brains. I told his teacher that he also represented their school for preschool level last year.

His teacher asked me if his grades dipped in Math. I said no. In fact his grade increased by four points. He dipped in language but not in Math. The teacher shared that some of his classmates got low grades in that subject that’s why she asked.

Vladimir was hailed as “Little Mathematician” when he was in nursery level. In senior kinder, his then teacher told me that Vladimir was their Math ace for the Battle of the Brains. Now on his first grade, at age six, he has already memorized the multiplication table for five’s. I’m quite impressed and somewhat teary-eyed because even if I barely have the time now to review him, he’s still performing well in school.


Last year, Ana (his beautiful tutor) accompanied us at the Battle of the Brains

Thank you Lord for taking care of my baby. Even if my plate has more than what I can chew, You’re there to guide me through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment