Monday, June 13, 2016

20 Notes to Self

I am on my early thirties and I can say that for the three decades of my existence, I still have not mastered how to appropriately communicate with different people. While theoretically speaking, I know that people wear different masks depending on the kind of people they converse with, I still feel a little challenged when I am in a particular communication situation that I am unfamiliar with.
Indeed, you can’t please everybody.

Decide to be happy each day of your life.
I wanted to inculcate in my mind that all the people who came into my life has been there to make me a better person. Through the years, these are the things that I have learned (in random order):
1.       Do not argue with close-minded people. They understand no reason. It’s futile to argue with them. You can’t win logically and they will beat you with experience. 
2.       It’s alright to have enemies in this world, for it means that in your life, you are principled enough to stand up for something.
3.       Never entrust your whole life to a close friend. Familiarity sometimes breeds insecurity. When your friend starts to be envious of you, the person will use your secrets against you.
4.       People change.
5.       Even if you may not get along well with your family, when the going gets tough, they will still be there for you.
6.       There IS karma.
7.       Love yourself. Make me-time a habit.
8.       Money can buy convenience.
9.       There is power in networking.
10.   It’s good to have smart men as friends. You’ll realize that chivalry is not dead after all.
11.   Life is less complex if you’re doing the right thing.
12.   Life is unfair. What makes it fair is the element of time. We are all given 24 hours a day to spend our lives appropriately and happily.
13.   On prioritizing tasks: Discipline should be non-negotiable.
14.   Health is wealth.
15.   It is important to upgrade your skills each year.
16.   Be conscious of the things that you need. Important things should always be within your reach. Buy them.
17.   Cosmetics should be a woman’s best friend.
18.   Give your smile to everyone.
19.   When a door closes, a window opens. Be on your toes. You can’t be sleepyhead forever.
20.   Prayer is the most effective happy hormones booster.

Not everything mentioned here are original thoughts. Some are just adapted from inspirational tweets and some are from the persons I strongly admire. As I pass through this game called life, I actively choose the paradigm that tells me that my life is getting better. When I wake up each morning, I ask normally wonder and tell myself, “Dear life, what happiness are you bringing me today? I shall find you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment