Friday, June 3, 2016

The PLV Lecturer

I reckon Prof. Tony Mabesa in our Theater Class in college; he asked our class, “Who among you wants to become a teacher?” I think there were only three of us who shot our hands up in the air. He looked at each of us and nodded approvingly.

I also remember chit chatting with my orgmates who said that their dream was to teach in UP. I expressed my thought, saying that if given the chance, I’d like to teach in the far flung areas of the country because UP students are already bright. If I am to shed some light, I’d like to teach in places where the educational system is poor. A good friend remarked that I had a beautiful idea. But then she paused. It was nice but it’s kind of impractical too at the same time.

These two thoughts vividly visit my mind from time to time, cherishing the thought that God placed me to where He wanted me to be – in teaching. 

Recently, the PLV admin called for a general assembly and I was ‘lucky’ to be given teaching load again this coming semester. PLV administration officers are quite vocal in stressing that if a lecturer is no longer invited to teach in the university as a part timer, it means that that person has a certain conduct that is not in line with the values and culture observed in the institution.

The university president welcomes the lecturers for this academic year.

At the assembly I saw my two former students who are already part of the faculty. They are Jeff Amistoso and Joel Molina. Both were my bright students who, as I could foresee, have promising careers ahead of them.

My very first student to become my co-faculty is Jimmy Lou, who now teaches in Valpoly.

I am thankful to God because I was given additional units this semester. This opportunity to teach in PLV is a tremendous help to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment