Friday, June 10, 2016

Embracing Valpoly

My prior blog entry was “The PLV Lecturer.” It essentially talks about my calling in teaching and the sense of pride that the teaching profession provides when you finally see your students achieve their goals little by little as they immerse themselves in the world of professionals, with you.

This time I just want to share my joy of having been invited again to be one of the faculty members of the Valenzuela Polytechnic College or the “Valpoly.”



It was a pleasant experience because I was able to see my co-faculty members – some familiar faces are the lecturers I only meet on my Saturday classes, some say they are DepEd teachers, and some were fresh grads of the same institution.

I was surprised to see myself on the powerpoint presentation of the college registrar during the introduction part. I was lined up among the English communication lecturers of the said institution. I think it was a warm gesture of appreciation to the new and old faculty members alike. The slide show of all faculty members somehow promoted a strong sense of belongingness amongst us.

I am really thankful to the Lord that He gave me several opportunities to earn a living for my children. I am also very thankful to my mother, who pushed me to finish my education in the best state university in the country, making all my job searches in the past fuzz-free. Furthermore, from time to time, some people endorse me to certain writing and teaching jobs that also help me get through my obligations each month.

Times had been tough on me lately, but instead of burying myself to loneliness, I chose to use my struggles as my inspiration to achieve more. While at times I also cry when people judge me without knowing me first, in my heart I also thank them for the hurtful words they say because they motivate me further to keep going. And when I say I’m moving forward, that’s the direction I’m taking.

I am not claiming that I will be “somebody” in the future because to be like that would entail a lot of toiling and heartaches too. I prefer peace of mind. Others’ opinions are meaningless to me because in the eyes of my children, I mean the world to them. I am only driven to do my best to become the best mother that I can be – a kind of mother that they will be proud to introduce to whoever they rub elbows with. 

So at this point, babies, rejoice for mommy because she’s on the right track… for both of you (Vladimir and Hillary).


No comments:

Post a Comment