Saturday, June 25, 2016

My Clingy Daughter

I’m supposed to go home at this point but I opted to stay longer at Valpoly’s faculty office because I know that once my daughter sees me, I wouldn’t be able to attend to my pending tasks anymore. My daughter would embrace me, would follow me wherever I go, and wouldn’t allow me to be out of her sight. She’s very clingy. And I love it. But of course, since I’m a solo parent with multiple chores to do, I couldn’t afford to devout all my time in cuddling. Mommy has to work like a horse.

It breaks my heart to hear her cry every time I would leave her at a neighbor’s house so that I could proceed to work. Her wailing is like a dagger that tear me inside but I have to close my eyes and move forward so that I could provide her a better life. Good thing, my relatives are supportive and they’re willing to take care of my daughter whenever I’m out. 

Whenever I’m stressed at work, I’d read a Bible verse and look for my children’s photos to inspire me. I stare at my beautiful kids’ photograph with thankful eyes, for the Lord has blessed me with smart, cute, and adorable sources of joy.

Hami is just one year old but you could mistake her for a two or three-year old kid. I bet she’ll be bigger than her older brother when she reaches the same age.


She loves to eat food just like mommy. She can already count from one to five. She loves to sing Frozen’s “Let It Go” and she’s also into watching Badanamu’s youtube playlist.

I love the feeling of my daughter’s tight hug. Her gesture tells me, “Mommy, you mean the world to me. Even if daddy fell astray, don’t worry, because I’m here for you and I will never replace you.”

Hamichu, you complete mommy. I love you with all my heart. (Also Kuya)

No comments:

Post a Comment