Monday, February 22, 2016

Pageants Galore

I am currently helping some colleagues at the City Social Welfare and Development Office in organizing the Women’s Month Celebration this coming March. One of its highlights will be the first ever beauty pageant for the horizontally challenged ladies, the “Binibining Bigatin 2016.” I was told that I’ll be one of the judges at the pre-pageant.

Perhaps they got the idea to invite me to sit with the panel when I mentioned that I have experienced judging for local pageants before. There were times when I had to bring my little boy because I got nobody to look after him at home. I opt to look at my situation as something positive because at least, I could expose my son to a “learning activity.”
Behave, baby.

I was browsing through the old photographs in my laptop files so that I could already discard the not-so-important-ones and at the same time, save some memory space. I chanced upon some photographs when I judged the pre-pageant of Binibining Malinta.

Opening Number

Swimsuit Competition

Intermission Number
(while the ladies are dressing up at the backstage)

Formal Wear Competition

I reckon, I told Vladimir that the reason why I brought him with me is because he shall be my official photographer. Since I will be judging the candidates, of course I can’t take pictures of the event. He excitedly agreed so I necklaced unto him my digicam before sending him off. I pointed him the specific spot where he could take pictures and I told him that he shouldn’t go anywhere farther than that. Good thing, my son is quite good in following instructions. I was glancing at his direction from time to time to make sure he was doing alright.
Vladimir's Photographed Candidate
I was a little horrified when he mentioned that the girls were “sexy.” I acknowledged his comment and tried to change the topic to make it appear that it’s no biggie. It occurred to me then that it’s about time that young children should be taught sexuality without hinting any malice so that it would be inculcated in them that all human beings really come in different forms and sizes. Regardless of the physical attribute, it’s still the character that matters.
One of my co-judges initiated a conversation with me and asked if I was the title holder in 2005 from UP Diliman. Upon saying yes, he added that he was one of our judges when I joined the same pageant. Wow. It was already 10 years ago but he can still remember me. I must have made that kind of impact. (Haha! Sorry for the bloated ego. I’m just making fun of myself.)

Stay lovely everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment