Monday, February 29, 2016

Pokemon Day

My son adores Pokemon. He enjoys watching it on TV, he enjoys playing its computer game version, and the last time a book fair was held in his school, he also ordered a Pokemon activity book.

Upon being invited by my high school friends Madel and Jhet-jhet for their son’s Pokemon-themed seventh birthday, I committed right away to be at the event together with my son, Vladimir. True enough, he enjoyed the party big time!

The party was pretty impressive. One can truly feel the parents’ love for their child, Nathan. It is well-organized and everything inside the party can really make each guest enjoy.

At the entrance of the event’s venue, a photobooth and a nice backdrop greeted me and Vladimir. When we got in the activity area, a magician was already seizing the center stage. The performance was followed by a puppet show of a 39-year old ventriloquist. The children’s laughter was music to my ears and my son’s attentiveness to the show touched my heart because I know he was having fun. As for me, I headed to the buffet table to enjoy the palatable food served.  Yum!

Magic Show

Salon for Kids

New Buddies

Nathan’s birthday celebration was also an opportunity for our semi-high school reunion. I was glad to see my former schoolmates and it felt funny that all of us are now wearing older faces, now with our respective children and some with their current partners.

Soulmeytz Reunion

The birthday bash had an unexpected post-party activity – the balloon popping game! While the waiters were dismantling the place, the remaining children ran around the hall and popped every balloon within their reach. It became an opportunity for the children to play among themselves and interact freely. We, the parents, got contented to chit chat on the side while we observed the kids enjoy.

Balloon Popping Game

I saw on Nathan’s face that he was overwhelmed by all the fun stuff happening before his eyes. What a lucky kid to have Madel and Jhet-jhet as his parents... and of course Tita Rebbie and Tito Boy as his ever supportive grandparents.



France and I decided to bring our kids to arcade in SM North. My godchild Levi and his brother Jared became Vladimir’s instant buddies during our bonding moment. 

Jared hit a jackpot on a fishing game and Vladimir was able to win a Pikachu stuff toy at a clamping play station. I played once just to test if yellow is indeed my lucky color this year. And the color betting game proved the Chinese astrology right – I won 75 tickets in my one and only bet. Haha!

At World Of Fun’s redemption booth, we exchanged our tickets for spin tops and candies.

Pikachu & Pokeball Loot Bag


We ended our Pokemon Day with a brief early dinner at McDonalds and a joy ride with France’s dad on our way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment