Monday, February 15, 2016

When In Pampanga

Last weekend, we headed to Pampanga for our family reunion slash the 19th birthday celebration of my cousin, Ralph Aaron.

Backdrop showing the photoshopped images of my late grandparents

We were supposed to be there early on the 13th but I couldn’t make it then because I can’t absent from work. It was my first time to handle my classes in Valenzuela Polytechnic College and I needed to meet my students right away so that I could plan well my lessons for the remaining semester.

After work, I rushed home to prepare for the out of town trip. Since my mother was already weary, we just opted to take a cab to Pampanga. We offered to pay the driver double the amount of his meter. Man, the road trip was not nice because we got lost. The meter hit over a thousand bucks. Since we promised to pay double, we paid Php 2000 plus. The memory of the “joy ride” is disgusting and at the same time amusing – disgusting because we were billed exorbitantly and we’re at fault; and amusing because we felt like we’re in an Amazing Race reality show.

Until we reached our destination – the welcoming abode of Uncle Pete and his family.

Since we arrived late, I just tried to catch up with whatever was there left to enjoy. Of course, I greeted the birthday boy and handed him the cake I bought at Ricci’s (an Italian pastry shop at Valenzuela Town Center).  I enjoyed the viands I rarely experience in Manila. I also had a can of beer and some cigarette while my cousins were sound trippin’.  Chill.

Catching Up Session

The kids? Well, they have a different, energetic world. They played all the time. They also camped together at the terrace.


The Campers

The following day was the bigger day for me. We went to the market to buy stuff for my son’s birthday and my mom and I cooked the whole morning.


View from the backyard

We had boodle fight for our lunch; the kids went swimming; I had my mini Valentine’s Day concert (not caring at all if I’m hitting the right note); and my favorite part of the day... of course, the celebration of my son’s seventh birthday.


Children having fun at the pool

Meet the Birthday "Sponsor" - Tito Peter

It was a very long day but I can’t complain. I left Pampanga with a smile painted on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment