Monday, February 8, 2016

The Not So Pressured Cooker

One fine Sunday while we were having our lunch at The Racks in SM North, I heard my aunt tell her son Christian that he should already learn how to drive. She said that my cousin should try to acquire a new skill every year. That thought lingered in my mind for quite some time and I told myself that I would also want to apply that piece of advice in my life. The sad part is, I don’t have the budget to pursue the things I want to do. If I want to upgrade my skills, this would entail some cost.
A couple of weeks passed when suddenly, an idea popped out of my head. I thought, instead of me enrolling in classes to learn something new, why not enhance the skills I have at present? Why not look around and check if there are valuable lessons that I could muster without spending a penny?
SO. In the mean time, I will forget about baking, photography, photoshop, script writing and video editing. I have set my heart that I will concentrate in COOKING this year.
I am blessed because I have a mother who cooks really well. She is my personal mentor. I no longer need to spend time in cooking classes because I can simply ask her for the procedures. And my ultimate taste tester is my super polite housemate, Diether. He never complains if the food tastes bad. He just doesn’t eat. Hahaha!
My Easy-To-Prepare Salad

My weekends are productive because I get to cook something new for the household. Well, not really that “new” because the viands are ordinary. It’s just that I’m a kitchen newbie so trying out what I find unfamiliar already means something to me.
Last week, I cooked “pinakbet.” Today, I cooked “bicol express.” They’re among my recent gastronomic discoveries.
For me, another recipe learned and practiced is an achievement. It’s an upgrade of my previous self who’s not kitchen savvy. So I’m a better me, every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment